Installation Guide 1
Installing an Intel SSD consists of three main steps:
Before you Begin
• Download and save the Intel Data Migration Software to your current storage device:
• Confirm you have the necessary hardware for installation:
Note: Contents vary based on package purchased.
This guide explains how to install an Intel
SSD) in a SATA-based desktop or notebook computer.
The instructions include migrating your data from your current
storage device (such as a hard disk drive) to your new Intel SSD
Data Migration Software.
Connect the Intel SSD to your computer.
Migrate your data from your current storage device to your new Intel SSD.
Swap the placement of your current storage device with your new Intel SSD.
Hardware item Required for
1. SATA-to-SATA interface cable Desktop computers
2. SATA power adapter Desktop computers without a SATA power cable
3. 3.5-inch mounting adapter and screws Desktop computers with 3.5-inch drive bay
4. USB-to-SATA cable Notebook computers
5. Drive sleeve Notebook computers (optional - for use with your old
storage device after the SSD is installed)
6. Phillips screwdriver Most computers