1. Aspherical and UD lens elements result in
outstanding image delineation.
2. Ultrasonic motor (USM) for quick and quiet
3. Manual focusing is available after the subject
comes into focus in autofocus mode (ONE
4. A truly round aperture hole results in a nicer
5. Tight seal structure ensures excellent dust-
proof and drip-proof performance.
• Since the front element of this lens moves when
zooming, you need to attach a Canon PROTECT
filter sold separately for adequate dust-and
water-resistant performance. Without a filter, the
lens is not dust or water resistant.
Conventions used in this instruction
Warning to prevent lens or camera malfunction
Supplementary notes on using the lens and
Thank you for purchasing a Canon product.
The Canon EF16-35mm f/2.8L II USM lens is a
high-performance, ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for
use with Canon EOS cameras.
"USM" stands for Ultrasonic Motor.